I am currently entering my 16th year as a Doctor of Chiropractic and have loved every minute of it. I pride myself on my ability to listen and to care for my patients with compassion and integrity. My patients have ranged in age from 5 months old to 90+ years old. I believe each patient is different and should be treated as such. Although the approach may be similar, I feel it is important to be conscious of each patient’s individual needs and concerns.
I received a Bachelors Degree in Human Biological Sciences in 1995 and graduated from the National College of Chiropractic in 1999 with a Doctorate of Chiropractic. I received a Certification in Strength & Conditioning in 1999 and utilize that knowledge to aid in flexibility and rehab exercise in my practice. I have completed post-graduate work toward a Certified Chiropractic Sports Medicine Specialist (CCSMS), Certified Chiropractic Insurance Consultant (CCIC), Treatment & Prevention of Postural Injuries, Treatment & Prevention of Golf Related Injuries, Functional Neurology and Functional Rehabilitation.
Drawn to athletics as a child, I feel I understand the mentality of athletes. After a successful high school career, I attended Illinois State University on a wrestling scholarship. As a college athlete, the constant demand on the human body is where my interest in sports medicine began. Since moving my practice to Lemont in 2008, I have developed a close working relationship with the local high school and youth sports teams. My passion is to keep the players healthy or to get them back on the field of play quickly. Early on in my career, I was fortunate to gain valuable experience on the Medical Staff of the Chicago Slaughter Professional Indoor Football Team as a team Chiropractor.
Currently, I live in Lemont with my wife Rachel, and three children, Alexia, Madison and Tyler. I continue to be very active in the community and as a head coach and Vice Chairman for the Lemont Bears Wrestling Club and coach for the Lemont Hornets Youth Football.
I love what I do because I get to help people every day.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Timothy Filippini
Post Graduate Studies include:
- Chiropractic Sports Medicine Specialist (CCSMS)
- Certified Chiropractic Insurance Consultant (CCIC)
- Treatment & Prevention of Postural Injuries
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Neuromuscular Reeducation Technique
- Chiropractic Treatment of Auto Accident Injuries
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Myofascial Pain and Muscle Dysfunction
- Gonzalez Rehabilitation Technique
- Dr. Vladimir Janda Rehabilitation and Muscle Training
- Clinical Application of the Kinesiotape Method
- Back Swing Dynamics- Back Pain in Golfers: Causes, Prevention & Treatment
- Enhancing Sports Performance and Injury Recovery
- Certified Body Fat Tester– Illinois High School Association (IHSA)